1. Coddington Community Association hereby nominates the HIRER as the person responsible for being in charge of, and on the premises, during the term of this letting.
2. HIRING FEES. A deposit of 50% of your booking fee is payable at the time of booking, unless agreed otherwise. The balance is due 14 days before the hire date.
3. IF THE HIRER cancels the booking the deposit is deemed forfeit.
4. IF A REGULAR USER cancels a weeks use without giving the Bookings Clerk (07985386638) or Caretaker (07961 510999) 48 hours notice they will be charged for that weeks usage. Should the Regular User cancel on the day of use due to illness or other unavoidable reason then the cost for that day will be left to the discretion of the CCA.
5. A refundable damage bond of £75 is to be paid by the HIRER. We ask that this is paid by cheque payable to ‘Coddington Community Association’ or BACS. Should damage occur to any part of the property, including the curtilage thereof, or contents of the building, or to any adjoining property, during the period of hiring and should the damage exceed the damage bond, the hirer will be charged the balance of the actual cost.
6. The damage bond cheque will be shredded if inspection by the Centre Manager shows there is no damage and the hall is left clean. If you require this to be returned to you, please enclose stamped, addressed envelope for us to return it in.
7. NO SMOKING IS ALLOWED ON THE PREMISES.
8. The Centre is equipped with a sophisticated biodegradable waste water system and it is therefore essential that Hirers use only the detergents provided.
9. HIRERS are asked to remove any waste, surplus packaging etc.created by themselves from the Centre when leaving. It would be appreciated if Hirers would leave any furniture in the Centre as they found it on arrival.
10. THE HIRER, during the period of hire, must be familiar with and carry out the fire and health and safety procedures detailed on the notice in the foyer, be responsible for the supervision of the premises, the fabric and the contents, their care, safety from damage however slight, and the behaviour of all persons using the premises whatever their capacity, including proper supervision of car parking arrangements so as to prevent obstruction of the highway and in particular ensure that no nuisance in the way of noise is caused to the occupants of nearby dwellings.
11. THE HIRER shall be responsible for ensuring that there is no interference with persons hiring other parts of the premises.
12. THE HIRER shall not sub-let, without prior approval of the Coddington Community Association, or use the premises in any unlawful way or bring onto the premises anything, which may endanger the same or any insurance policies in respect thereof.
13. THE HIRER shall be responsible for obtaining all licences that may be needed, whether for the consumption of intoxicating liquor or otherwise, and for the observance thereof and of all other regulations appertaining to the premises. The requirements of the Premises Licence, posted on the notice board, must be complied with.
14. THE HIRER shall if preparing, serving or selling food observe all relevant food health and hygiene legislation and regulations.
15. THE HIRER shall be responsible for ensuring that any electrical equipment brought onto the premises is safe and has a valid Portable Appliance Test certificate.
16. IN THE CASE OF HIRING INVOLVING THE SALE OF GOODS including Jumble Sales, the name and address of the hirer's organisation must be properly displayed.
17. NO NAKED FLAMES or anything that might be a fire hazard are allowed on the premises.
18. NO BIKES, SCOOTERS, SKATEBOARDS OR ROLLER BLADES ARE ALLOWED IN THE BUILDING without the express permission of Coddington Community Association.
19. NO STUDS ON BOOTS are allowed anywhere in the building.
20. THE HIRER must not use drawing pins, tape, or anything else that might mark/damage the appearance of the building to hang notices, balloons or decorations (which must be fire retardant) on any part of the structure of the Centre. If notices etc. are to be displayed, the Hirer must use the noticeboards provided.
21. PARTY POPPERS, metallic confetti/decorations shall not be used in the building; the dye indelibly stains the floor when wet. SMOKE MACHINES shall not be used, as they will activate the fire detection system.
22. THE HIRER at the end of each hire period, shall be responsible for leaving the premises and surroundings in a clean and tidy condition, properly locked and secured unless otherwise directed, and any contents temporarily removed from their usual positions properly replaced. Lighting, cooking and electrical equipment must all be turned off and all cutlery and crockery washed up and put away. Any equipment or other items brought on to the premises by the hirer must be removed at the end of the hire period unless express permission to do otherwise has been given by the Bookings Secretary prior to the event. If the premises are left in a condition necessitating other than routine cleaning by the cleaner a charge of £20/hour of the cleaner's time will be deducted from the deposit.
23. IN THE EVENT of the Community Centre or any part thereof being rendered unfit for the use for which it has been hired, the Coddington Community Association shall not be liable to the hirer for any resulting loss or damage whatsoever except for the refund of any fees paid in advance
24. No animals, other than Guide Dogs for the Blind, are allowed on the premises without the express permission of the Bookings Secretary
24. The Management Committee shall take all reasonable steps to ensure that patrons awaiting entry to the premises, or leaving the premises, do not cause annoyance, or nuisance, to any other person in the vicinity of the premises.
25. Any noise produced, or associated with the regulated entertainment shall not give Reasonable cause for annoyance to the occupiers of nearby residential properties.
26. The Hirer shall be responsible for the supply and use of their own first aid equipment.
27. Coddington Community Association will use your contact details for the purpose of this booking and not share them. Your booking form will be kept for audit purposes in line with Charity Commission guidelines.